- At my age, why bother?
- I have chronic conditions
- I’m allergic to the vaccine
- It’s too much trouble
- I never leave home anyway
- I don’t trust the vaccine – it was developed too fast.
- The risk of getting Covid in Singapore is low
- I might get sick after the jab – who’s going to pay?
- Look for a Mobile Vaccination Team when it comes to your neighbourhood. There are 20 teams which move from place to place, setting up in locations where many seniors live. They are mobilised to the Community Clubs and Centres not already being used as vaccination centres, as well as Residents’ Committee centres at residential blocks. To find out when a Mobile Vaccination Team will be near you (or your loved one) check out:
As MP Baey Yam Keng observed, “We’ve seen healthy numbers of people going for jabs at the mobile vaccination centre. Many are elderly and not very mobile. The vaccination team and PA staff even provided wheelchairs for those who needed one.” He added, “I would urge all unvaccinated residents to make good use of this arrangement in the neighbourhood. No appointments needed.”
- Make a request for home vaccination. This is for people who are home-bound and cannot go to a vaccination centre or even use the services of the Mobile Vaccination Team. For this, there’s a choice of two numbers to call:
- The Agency for Integrated Care (AIC) hotline: 1800 650 6060
- The local Silver Generation Office (SGO) in your area. There are 20 SGOs across the island. For the telephone number of the one near you, refer to the SGO website:
SilverStreak tip #1: Call an SGO rather than the AIC hotline – there’s often a long waiting time on the AIC hotline.
SilverStreak tip #2: If you’re not sure which SGO to call, or can’t find an SGO near your area, just call any SGO – they’re very helpful and will give you the number of the office near you.
After the initial call, it will take approximately 4 – 6 weeks or more for the first dose to be given. This includes the call-back to make the appointment and then the actual vaccination. They will also make arrangements to return for the second dose.