Rosalynn Ow Yong
Advice to volunteers
- You must enjoy what you are doing, otherwise you are unlikely to continue doing it for long. Don’t be pressured into doing things you are not comfortable with. And, live for the moment.
- Look for causes that may have special meaning or significance to you.
- Keep in mind that the world is changing and volunteering presents many opportunities to learn new things and meet new people. Grab these opportunities.
- To take care of others, you must first take care of yourself.
- Ultimately, volunteering probably provides the best return for your efforts there is – there is nothing that can match the joy of helping others on a pure, altruistic basis.