Steamed Sea Bass
- Wash fish and make two cuts on both sides. Season the fish inside and out with salt and pepper.
- Place marinated fish over some of the sliced spring onions on a heat-proof plate. Add some ginger and red chilli strips over the fish.
- Bring water in a steamer to the boil before placing the plate of fish into it. Depending on how big or thick the fish is, steam about 10 minutes or till the fish eyes popped.
- Add the wine, sesame oil and light soya sauce. Steam for another 5-10 minutes.
- Check if fish is cooked with a knife. If cooked, carefully remove plate from steamer. Garnish with remaining ginger, red chilli and spring onion strips and serve.
Bacon Tofu Wrap
- Wash the tofu tubes before unwrapping and cutting the tofu into bite-sized pieces that are about the width of the bacon.
- Wrap the bacon over the tofu and use a toothpick to secure the overlapping ends.
- Preheat the air-fryer at 180 degrees. Put the wraps into the air-fryer and cook for 20 minutes. Then turn and cook for another 10-15 minutes.
- Add cherry tomatoes as garnish and serve.
Baked Apple with Marshmallows (1 serving) - OPTIONAL
- Wash the apple, cut off 1/4 from the top, par out the core and some flesh (so that you will get an apple cup).
- Cut the scooped up apple flesh, strawberries and marshmallows into small cubes.
- Stuff the cut apple and strawberries into the apple cup. Sprinkle some icing sugar (optional).
- Place the marshmallows last and top with some strawberries (for aesthetic purposes) and a little cinnamon powder.
- Preheat the air-fryer at 180 degrees, place the apple cup into the air-fryer and bake for 5 to 8 minutes. Check the apple around the 4-minute mark as the cinnamon powder and marshmallows can get burnt easily. Remove the apple cup with a pair of tongs when the marshmallows start to turn brown and crispy. Serve.
Baked Garlic Butter Prawns
- Clean and devein prawns, but keep the heads and tails intact.
- Lay toaster oven tray with aluminum foil (for easy cleaning – just throw foil away)
- Cover prawns with generous amounts of garlic butter spread and line them up on the tray.
- Place tray into the toaster oven and bake over 180 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until the prawns turn red.
- Remove from toaster and serve with white rice, toast or baguette.
Pan-Seared Scallops with Broccoli
- Wash scallops, pat dry and set aside.
- Soak broccoli in salt water for 10 minutes, wash thoroughly and cut them across their mini branches. Blanch the cut broccoli in boiling water, remove and soak them in ice water to keep its crispiness and bright green hue.
- Heat up a non-stick pan over low heat and place the scallops on it. Sprinkle salt and pepper on them.
- Turn the scallops when they turn white with water bubbling around them. Sprinkle salt and pepper on this side. (Scallops cooked very quickly, so remove from heat once you see that they are white, otherwise overcooked scallops can be very tough.)
- Drain the broccoli from the ice water. Use the broccoli to prop up the cooked scallops on a serving plate, garnish with red chilli strips (optional) and serve.
Deep-Fry Pork Ribs
- Marinate the pork ribs with salt, pepper, light and dark soy sauce and rice wine for 30 minutes.
- Heat cooking oil in wok till hot.
- Gently lower marinated pork ribs into wok. Let the meat turn golden brown (about 2-3 minutes) before you turn it.
- Add butter a few minutes before you remove them from the pan.
- Serve the ribs on top of a bed of lettuce or wild rockets.